Individuals + landlords
Whether you are a seasoned landlord or new to the rental market we can review your tax position as well as ensuring you comply with tax regulations.
Have you just sold a property? We can help you complete the Capital Gains Tax return required within 30 days of the sale.
Whatever the reason, we can help you complete your self-assessment tax return.
- You are a landlord and would like to know how to navigate through all the changes to the tax system for buy-to-let properties?
- Wondering how the tax system differs for furnished holiday let?
- Just sold a residential property and need to know how to file a Capital Gains Tax return?
- Need to complete a Self-Assessment tax return for the first time and would like help completing it?
- You have been completing your own Self-Assessment tax return, yet it keeps your at night worrying whether you have completed it correctly.
- Passive income
- Rent income streams
- Commercial rent
- Residential rent
- Holiday lets
Contact our team to start your journey
“The journey of a thousand miles
begins with a single step"
- Lao Tzu
What information or records do I need to provide each year for my accounts?
For tax returns we will remind you of the items included in the previous year, and would expect the same plus any new items. That could include gift aid, details of income, pension contributions and interest paid on business, personal and joint accounts.
Landlords will need to provide details of the rents received, as well as the expenditure, including mortgage interest for the year.
How long do I need to keep my statements and accounting records?
For assets or investments, such as property, we recommend you keeping the purchase information as it will help when calculating the taxable gain (or loss) made when you come to sell at some point in the future. For property transactions, do keep the completion statement, details of any major changes made to property as these might help reduce the gain made.
In relation to Inheritance Tax, keeping records of ownership are important as well as any gifts that you have made during your life.